The health of our soil has a lot to do with how our beef tastes.
We are proud to apply regenerative agriculture methods (soil farming methods)
to cycle nutrients, to feed our crops and our livestock and inform the flavors of our beef. Our animals live on wide-open pastures full of grass and are humanely treated.
• You can buy direct from a rancher you trust
• Tender, flavorful, dry-aged angus beef delivers a delicious Montana steak experience in every bite
• We ranch as a family and cattle health is our top priority
• Regenerative agriculture practices strengthen our farm soil, keep our water clean and allow our cattle to graze in wide open Big Sky country
• You'll get to know your rancher, share Montana ranch life and feel secure about the food on your tableshop felton angus beef
Jim & Susie Felton are 3rd generation family ranchers raising cattle, kids and crops in Big Sky Country. They are living the dream with roots deep in agriculture, small business and good old-fashioned hard work. The Feltons focus on regenerative agriculture (a conservation and rehabilitative approach to food and farming systems) strengthening the health and vitality of farm soil, utilizing clean water practices and grazing cattle in wide open Big Sky Country. Any given day of the week might find Jim feeding cattle in the snow, night calving and fixing fence. Susie pitches in on the ranch, wrangles kids, spends too much time on the computer and keeps everyone fed. Together they are raising two happy, healthy, active girls already outside in the dirt, riding ponies and checking cattle snow or shine. Jim & Susie share their stories of everyday Montana ranch life, good food and the hard work it takes to raise beef.
The Felton’s came to Montana from the Carolina’s back in the 1800’s and lived in several parts of the western half of the state. Raymond and Margaret Felton began farming around Charlo in 1942 and had a thriving milk cow business. They had two sons, Maurice and Richard. The family eventually phased out the dairy cattle and began selling Angus bulls near Missoula during the 1950’s where they would top the local markets with the cattle they raised.
The family moved west in 1972 with the purchase of the ranch in Springdale, Montana. Jim Felton, Rich’s son, is the 3rd generation to raise angus cattle on the banks of the Yellowstone River. The family currently ranches in both Springdale and Miles City, Montana.
The 4th generation of Felton’s are growing up fast while Jim and his wife Susie expand the ranch operation to offer Felton Angus Beefdirect to the consumer.
WE GROW THE FEED OUR CATTLE EAT
• Cattle born, raised and fed in Montana
• Raised on pasture, cattle receive hay and ranch-raised forage during tough Montana winters then finished on a silage-based ration.
LOW STRESS LIVESTOCK HANDLING; WE STRIVE FOR A SAFE AND CALM ENVIRONMENT
• Low stress handling increases conception rate
• Benefits both immune and rumen function
• Cattle are selected for docility.
• Our cattle never, ever receive added growth hormones.
• Fed according to strict, vegetarian guidelines
• Have access to fresh water at all times.
• Raised using best animal husbandry practices.
• Receive immediate and appropriate medical care when necessary.