Sheet Pan Steak and Fall Veggies dinner recipe. This classic fall recipe for sheet pan flat iron steak with veggies is an easy one-pan meal that is healthy, satisfying and delicious. It's an autumn dinner idea that uses the oven; both the bake and broil settings. The flat iron is a wonderful cut of meat because it's so versatile from the oven to the BBQ or smoker. For this particular Flat Iron I marinated and made a sheet pan meal out of it. Everything comes out done and perfectly cooked at the same time. I hope you like it too.
Recipe from guest blogger @WyldGourmet
One Felton Angus Beef Flat Iron Steak
½ cup of soy sauce or Bragg’s Amino Acids
Heaping Tbsp of minced garlic
½ tsp onion powder
¼ cup oil, I use avocado oil, but anything will work fine
6 or more Yukon Gold Potatoes cut hassle back style
3 carrots cut thick
2 red beets cubed
One half butter nut squash peeled and cubed
One bunch of broccolini
2 sticks butter
½ cup maple syrup
- Marinate for at least one hour, out of the refrigerator, the Flat Iron steak in the Soy, oil, garlic and onion powder mixture.
- While the marinade is making its magic happen, cut your potatoes in hassle back style using a chop stick on each sides of the potato so you don’t slice all the way through.
- Salt and Pepper them and place them on the sheet pan with a pat of butter on top.
- Then peel and cut your carrots into thick slices, peel and dice your beets and butternut squash.
- Toss the veggies with one melted stick of butter, the maple syrup and salt and pepper to taste.
- Now place these on the opposite end of the sheet pan…the beets will turn everything a little red, but it just adds to the color.
- Put the sheet pan into the oven at 375F for half an hour. Remove from the oven and turn the broiler onto high. Then place the Flat iron that at this point has marinated for at least an hour and put this beautiful cut of beef in the middle of the pan.
- Put the broccolini onto the pan around the potatoes.
- Let everything broil for about 10 minutes. Pull the sheet pan and see how beautiful the potatoes and veggies finished off and the flat iron will be medium rare.
- Enjoy this super easy meal.