Grilled tri-tip is a holiday beef recipe sure to be a crowd-pleasing hit. Serve this tender, juicy, flavorful cut of beef for your next holiday meal and it is likely to be requested again in the future.
Tri-tip is excellent both grilled and roasted.
Fun fact: it is the triangular shape that gives it the name “Tri-Tip.”
- 1 Felton Angus Beef Tri-Tip Roast
- Salt & Pepper or your favorite seasoning rub
- Heat grill to 225 degrees F (gas grill: use indirect heat method for with 1/2 burners on and 1/2 burners off).
- Remove Tri-Tip from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Season liberally with salt & pepper or your favorite seasoning rub.
- Place Tri-Tip on grill (gas grill: indirect heat side where burners are off).
- Bring Tri-Tip to 110 degree F internal temperature. Use a meat thermometer for best results.
- Remove Tri-Tip from grill. Turn up heat to 400+ degrees, lid closed to preheat (gas grill: all burners on for direct heat).
- Return Tri-Tip to grill (gas grill: over direct heat). Sear on both sides, 4-5 minutes per side.
- Sear until Tri-Tip reaches desired temperature. (We like Medium Rare: 130-135 degrees F).
- Remove Tri-Tip from grill and let it rest 15 minutes.
- Slice against the grain. Serve. Enjoy!
Tip: To serve a crowd, grill multiple Tri-Tip Roasts. Pull from grill at desired temperature. Store in a clean cooler with closed lid until ready to slice. Slice as you serve.