Cranberry Pot Roast is a delicious and festive recipe for your holiday table. This pot roast can be cooked in a large pot or a dutch oven. Cranberries add the festive flair and pop of holiday color to this classic meal. Serve your cranberry pot roast over mashed potatoes or egg noodles and enjoy!
Any beef roast will work superbly with this holiday pot roast; we recommend Chuck Roast, London Broil Top Round Roast, Sirloin Roast, Bottom Roast, Eye of Round Roast or even Stew Meat.
Recipe contributed by @mrsmontanarancher
- 1 (4-5 pound) Felton Angus Beef chuck roast
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, quartered
- 6 carrots, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3-4 cups beef stock
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ cups cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add oil.
- Season roast on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place chuck roast in pot and sear on all sides until brown (3-4 minutes per side).
- Remove beef from pot.
- Add onions, sauté 1-2 minutes, remove from pan.
- Slowly add 1 cup of beef stock to deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits from bottom.
- Place roast back in pan and add remaining beef stock to cover halfway up sides of roast.
- Add onions, carrots, thyme, rosemary, cranberries and honey.
- Cover pot and place in 275 degree oven. Roast for 4 hours.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.
DOWNLOAD PDF for CRANBERRY POT ROAST RECIPE