Making Baked Southwest Egg Rolls with Avocado Dipping Sauce is quick and easy. It is also a healthy recipe that uses lean ground beef and tortillas. Kid-friendly, this recipe can be served as a main dish, an appetizer, a side dish or a snack. You’ll be delighted with how easy it is to make baked southwest egg rolls and the healthy ingredients the recipe uses (check out the nutrition facts on Avocados). And your family will love helping with this recipe and devouring the Tex-Mex style egg rolls!
Cheesecake Factory / Chilis Copycat recipe Montana style
Homemade Baked Southwest Egg Rolls are a treat at home. We live a long way from a Cheesecake Factory or a Chili's restaurant so we don't get to enjoy, on a regular basis, the restaurant style egg rolls that everyone knows and loves. Everything on the list for this tortilla version is a household staple. So no special trips to the grocery store are required when the craving for these egg rolls hits.
My kids love helping with meals (and eat better when they help) so this recipe is a win win! The ground beef filling goes together fast and my kids jump in to assemble the egg rolls. It’s an all-in-one family meal that brings a restaurant favorite home.
Baked Southwest Egg Rolls with Avocado Dipping Sauce
Level: Easy Serves: 2-4 Total Time: 40 minutes Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Southwest Egg Rolls
- 1 pound Felton Angus Beef ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 package flour tortillas, soft taco size
- oil to spray or brush on tortillas
Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 avocado
- pinch of salt
Optional Dipping Sauces: Queso, Salsa, Sour Cream Ranch Dressing
- In a skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat, brown ground beef. Drain any fat.
- Add onion, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper (or your favorite all-in-one taco seasoning).
- Reduce heat. Add jalapeno, bell pepper, tomatoes, black beans and corn.
- Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- To assemble egg rolls, add ½ cup ground beef mixture to middle of each tortilla.
- Top with cheese and cilantro.
- Roll tightly, taquito style and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Spray or brush with oil (my favorite is avocado oil).
- Place baking sheet in 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until tortillas are crispy and browned.
- Remove baked egg rolls onto cutting board. Cut in half.
- Serve hot with Avocado Dipping Sauce
Avocado Dipping Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve alongside Southwest Egg Rolls.
DOWNLOAD AND PRINT RECIPE (PDF)
- This is a great recipe to get your kids involved in making dinner. Prepare the ground beef mixture and set up an egg roll making station. Kids can fill tortillas while you roll them tight.
- Serve with a variety of dipping sauces including family favorites like Queso, Salsa and Ranch Dressing.
- You can use the traditional egg roll wrappers instead of tortillas.
- Try recipe in Air Fryer instead of oven.