Tex-Mex Beef Stew
Tex-Mex Beef Stew is a spicy take on classic comfort food. Loaded with vegetables and beef, this lighter version of traditional stew is a sure hit with your family.
prep time: 30 hourcook time: 2 H & 30 Mtotal time: 32 H & 30 M
- 3 pounds Felton Angus Beef stew meat
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 can (15oz) corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha sauce (more to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoondried oregano
- ½ teaspoondried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional: Serve over rice with toppings (shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, chips)
How to cook Tex-Mex Beef Stew
- Season stew meat with salt and pepper.
- Over medium high heat, add oil to dutch oven/pot. Sear stew meat in batches. Remove beef.
- Deglaze pot with 1/2 cup of beef stock.
- Add onion and peppers, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Transfer to slow cooker if desired. Set for 8 hours on low.
- Or keep stew in dutch oven, cover and place in oven.
- 325 degree oven for 2.5 hours.
- Serve as is or over rice.
- Add toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado
Did you make this recipe?