Experience Big Sky Country with a Montana size Reverse Seared bone-in Tomahawk Ribeye Steak .
Do you know what a Tomahawk Ribeye Steak is? Tomahawk steak is a cut of beef ribeye that has five or more inches of extra rib bone for presentation purposes. It's called a tomahawk cut because the steak with the long bone resembles a single-handed axe.
Each Felton Angus Beef tomahawk is hand cut with a full ribeye, including the cap, attached to the long rib bone. Tomahawk ribeye steaks are tender, full of flavor and have generous marbling. The Tomahawk steak is as impressive to serve (and Instagram!) as it is incredible to eat. It is also know as a Caveman steak, Cowboy steak and, as we like to call it, Prime Rib on a Stick. If you are looking for the ultimate steak experience, the Tomahawk steak is for you.
Follow the reverse sear method below for smoker grills, gas grills, ceramic grills, and charcoal / wood burning grills.
Most big bone-in Tomahawak Ribeye Steaks are served sliced off the bone for 2 or more people. Wow your family and friends with a Montana steak adventure at your own dinner table.
we love Caribeque Big & Bold)
• Place steak on grill (gas grill: indirect heat side where burners are off)
• Bring steak to 110 degree F internal temperature. Use a meat thermometer for best results.
• Remove steak from grill, turn up heat to 400+ degrees. (gas grill: all burners on for direct heat)
• Return steak to grill (gas grill: over direct heat)
• Sear steak on all sides, 2-3 minutes per side
• Sear until steak reaches desired temperature. We like Medium • Rare: 130-135 degrees F).
• Remove steak from grill. Let Rest 10 minutes.
• Slice against grain. Serve. Enjoy.